Bayshore Bijou Suites offers peace and room to breathe in amongst native trees, Moringa, Cecropia, Balsa, Mango, Cashew. Parrots, Chachalacas, Pelicans, Hummingbirds, we are a birder’s paradise.
Full use of kayaks, paddle-boards, bicycles, gym, laundry facilities, library, licensed guest lounge and free guest parking. Swimming pool and outdoor lounging area. Amazing mountain and lagoon views. Couples or solo adventures!
Let this be your base for exploring beaches, Maya ruins, waterfalls and jungle for hikes, birding, canopy ziplining, snorkeling et al.
Crystal and Jade suites are almost identical and are adjacent each offering wide open spaces with a view. They have their own entrance, thick concrete walls, very high ceilings, large screened patio with furniture, additional veranda with hammock, cable TV, A/C air conditioning, luxury bathrooms, comfy queen size bed, wardrobe, working desk, full kitchen including fridge, cookware, utensils, dishes, tableware, dual kitchen sinks, free drinking water, free wifi internet everywhere, free laundry access, free gym access, free bike rentals, free kayak rentals, free parking and guest parking, free room cleaning and completely safe environment with 24 hour security in the surrounding area.
Pearl is similar without kitchen but with fridge and coffee machine. It can be rented alone or as an addition to Amber suite by connecting door.
Amber is a two storey suite overlooking the pool with separate entrance, fully equipped kitchen, living area, screened verandah, queen size bedroom on main floor and queen size loft bedroom with roof side deck and lagoon view.
WHERE TO GO
- Explore Maya Ruins and cultural displays.
- Learn how chocolate is made at a Cacao Plantation.
- Trips such as Monkey River or snorkeling to Silk Cayes & Ranguana are very popular.
- Zip Line through the rainforest canopy.
- Go River Tubing… A perfect ending after a hike at Maya Centre through jungle nature trails and waterfalls.
- Visit the Spice Farm to see vanilla, black pepper, cardamom etc growing.
- Peaceful paddling in the Lagoon watching out for manatee and dolphins.
- Placencia Village for souvenir shopping and ice cream.
WHERE TO EAT
- Maya Beach Bistro – Definitely a tourist favourite right on the beach, offering very attractive menu, mixed tropical drinks and excellent wine choices.
- Mangoes – Across the road. Pub type atmosphere and food popular with locals and tourists who like to mingle. Does Take out Pizza etc.
- Singing Sands – Intimate atmosphere, tasty food with Asian flare.
- Chix – Fried chicken,bakery items and take out.
- Jaguar Lanes – The bowling alley, pizza, burgers, nachos et al. Will Deliver.
- The Ocean Club – Two restaurants from bar to gourmet offerings.
- Green Parrot – Directly across the road. Check out breakfast.
10 minutes South:
- Coco Plum Naia Resort where there is an attractive beach restaurant and the more formal 1981 Restaurant for a truly upper deck experience.
- Robert’s Grove – Beach side dining or lagoon side Habanero’s for Mexican.
- Laru Beya – all day with a Caribbean beat.
Within 20 minutes: Abundant choices in Placencia Village and Riversdale.